I am available for freelance research and consultancy work, particularly in the areas of modern history, politics and criminology. I am available for:
- archival research
- literature reviews
- report writing
- oral history recordings
- mixed methods data analysis
My main geographic areas of expertise concern Australia, Britain and South Africa, but also have a historical/political knowledge of the wider Anglophone world (New Zealand, Canada, USA and Rhodesia/Zimbabwe) and the British Empire/Commonwealth.
Some examples of my freelance research work includes:
- analysis of internal staff survey for NGO
- writing of research article on Royal Commissions in Australian history
- copy-editing of edited volume on neoliberalism for publication
- archival research on Australasian Association of European Historians
- literature review on foresting industry in Gippsland
- review of oral history transcripts from Australian War Memorial
I am based in Adelaide, Australia, but can travel to most capital cities in Australia for archival work (travel expenses to be included in fee).
Rates and terms of employment are negotiable. If interested, please get in touch via evan [dot] smith [at] flinders [dot] edu [dot] au.